Sunday, May 16, 2010

Strange start to the day...

Olivia was so proud this morning and wanted to show off her trophy to her little brother!

Taking her turn down the slide!

So many kids...someone is bound to get hurt!!

So much fun!

With the long day yesterday, Olivia slept in until 8:00 this morning, which was so nice for Mommy too, considering Shane went golfing again today. When she got up, she came into my bed with Lucas and I and we had a very interesting conversation. Out of the blue, before saying much of anything else, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, am I going to die?" How do you answer that question for a four year old!!?? I didn't want to lie and say no, so I attempted to be as delicate as possible and ensure her that it would be a very long time and she shouldn't worry about it. I let her know it was my job to take care of her and not let anything happen to her. But, I did indicate that we were all going to die sometime, but we would all be together in heaven forever. She asked about Lucas too and told me that she didn't want to die because she wanted to be with him forever. After a few minutes of watching cartoons, and me still in shock about what brought on that conversation, she loked at me and started crying, saying she didn't want to die. So, I calmed her down again and she seemed to be okay after a while. She didn't bring it up again the rest of the day!? It was certainly a strange start to the day!

After Shane got home, we started cleaning the house a bit and then got ready for Ava's birthday party. It was at Craig and Mandy's house and they had a bouncy slide in the backyard again and cooked out on the grill. It was a low key event, which was perfect and just what we needed. The kids had a great time as usual and enjoyed playing, as well as the cake and ice cream. As did I! We got home and just relaxed the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment