Friday, May 14, 2010

Our first official outing..

Today was Lucas's first official outing, other than the doctor's office, although it was just to the Breastfeeding Resource Center. I have been having a lot of pain on one side when I am nursing, so I went to have them take a look and make sure all was well. The nurse showed me a different position to hold him, which seemed to work perfectly, at least while we were there in the office. So, it was a big help and I am hoping this will make a huge difference. Since Dina was off, she offered to drive me there, which was extremely helpful with Olivia.
Also, while we were there, she weighed Lucas before and after eating. Much to my surprise, and the nurses, he ate almost four ounces while we were ther in the office. So, she was excited and not concerned that he wasn't getting enough. Hopefully, this was worth the visit, and I certainly felt better and more encouraged. The nurse actually said we made a great team!
After the Resource Center, we made a quick stop at Jenny and Don's, and Uncle Don got to see him for the first time. He didn't pick him up of course, but it was sweet. Then we came home cause Gma and Gpa Davis came over for lunch and to visit.
Later that afternoon, the Hooper family came for dinner and to visit/ They brought chinese which I haven't had for quite some time and was wonderful. The kids played well together and we had a nice time. It was great to see them, and it is always neat to see Angie with a baby she has helped to deliver. What an amazing experieince to share with a great friend. They stayed until about 10:00, so we headed for bed and knew Olivia was ready. Here's hoping she sleeps in tomorrow.
The pictures for today are listed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment