Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary!!

All the kids eating out on the picnic table, since it was a beautiful night!!

Today was Shane and my six year anniversary. We didn't have much planned today, considering we knew we couldn't get out and do much since we are on a feeding schedule with Lucas. However, I did manage to win the best wife of the year award, because Shane actually went golfing this morning. I could not believe he went, and I wasn't sure if it made me the best wife, or him the worst husband for even asking to go. Regardless, he went while I cleaned the house all morning. Afterwards, Shell and Tim came over to watch the kids while Shane and I were able to get away for lunch. It turned out to be a pretty good day and we did manage to get a lot done in the four hours we had away. We started with lunch at Bar Louie's, which we hadn't been, so was great. It wasn't quite nice enough to sit outside, but the inside was pretty neat anyway. After lunch, I asked Shane if we could go to Jones Bros. to get my rings cleaned, and he said he had planned to take me there anyway to pick out an anniversary present. In his mind, he wanted to buy me something with the kids' birth stones, which is exactly what we did. I fond these cute little "baby rings" to put on a chain. They were so sweet and eventually I am going to get both our stones to add to it as well, but it was a great surprise! After Jones Bros. we went to the Great Escape cause we have been looking for patio furniture and he wanted to get the needed chemicals for the pool. Then we went for ice cream and headed to Kroger for some food to grill out. We made it home just in time to feed Lucas, and then had a wonderful cookout and rest of the evening with the Erxlebens! It was a nice little outing for Shane and I, and hopefully we will find some time to do again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment