Friday, May 28, 2010

Our first official doctor appointment....

Well, it had been almost a week since Lucas had pooped so I called the doctor again. I called on Tuesday because I was worried, so I told myself I would last until Friday before calling again. So, this morning bright and early, I called Dr. Baety to see if he wanted us to come in and he did right away. He wanted to check to make sure his belly wasn't hard and that everything was okay, but he assured us it was normal. In fact, he said he could have told us this over the phone, but just wanted to check him out first. But, it is normal and he said he could do this for the first six or eight weeks just until he gets on a more routine schedule. He said his own daughter would go once every seven days, but it was routine that on the seventh day, they knew it was coming. So, that made me feel a lot better, but I would be even better after he poops. It's crazy what you wish for when you are a mother...I was hoping and excited to change a poopy diaper! During his visit, he got weighed and was actually up to 9 pounds and 2 ounces already. So, he is a growing boy and that was something else they wanted to check to make sure he was still progressing. So, it seemed all was well! And, just what the doctor ordered, he pooped as soon as we got home and didn't stop for the rest of the day. I stopped counting!!! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment