Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy day of visitors!

We had a very busy day with visitors in and out all day, so I took advantage of my morning and simply took it easy. This is starting to become my theme for the start of each day! Regardless, I spent the morning in my bed with Lucas by my side. I am amazed ar the number of faces he makes, and one minute he is smiling and the next he is frowning. I wonder what they are thinking or dreaming about already? He is so precious and I could barely put him down today!
Olivia continues to go to preschool four days a week for the month of May, and stays home with me on Fridays. This is just to give me a little time to get adjusted to having Lucas, but I plan to keep her home for all of June, while I am still off work. I am looking forward to the summer and being able to spend some uality time with both kids. Not to mention, Shell and the kids are off too so will be able to spend time with them while I am off too! Olivia is definitely looking forward to staying home and swimming as much as possible.
Our first visitor for the day was Grandpa. He was in Iowa last week, so had not yet met Lucas. He certainly got a kick out of him and was so excited to see him. Of course, he had to look him over from head to toe, just like everyone. I hope we are able to spend more time with Dad in the future so he can get to know his new grandson, just like the other kids.
After lunch, Dina came back over to visit. She has to go back to work tomorrow, so she wanted to spend as much time with Lucas as possible before going back. It has been nice to have her available to help out and we definitely appreciate it! We had a great time while she was here looking at pictures of Olivia online when she was just a few days old. It was great to compare the two kids and take a walk down memory lane. We both agreed that we could sit and look at pictures all day long!!
Shane actually got off early today, which was extremely exciting for me, considering he wasn't able to take as much time off as I did. Even though he spent the afternoon outside doing more tilling in the backyard, and spreading our grass seed before the rain came, it was nice to have him home. He was so excited to get the yard work done, cause it was supposed to rain for the next few days. Shortly after he was finished in the yard, he got called back to work. So, it was short lived, but also very productive.
Later in the afternoon, Mom and Aunt Shirley came by to visit. Of course, they brought stuff for dinner as well. And, not long after they arrived, Tara stopped by to meet Lucas as well before heading off to Bunco. So, we had a house full for a while, which was fun for me! Lots of cameras going too! Shane and Olivia came home too, so she was excited to see everyone, as were they to see her!
Speaking of Olivia, she continues to be such a sweet big sister. She wants to hold him all the time, and tonight while holding him, she was even more sweet. She said, "Mommy, I could just do this all day long." Then she says, "Every time I see buddy, I just want to kiss him, he just loves it!" Too cute!!
After everyone left, Olivia and I again made our way to bed to watch some TV. She wanted to hold Lucas again, which the boppy is great for, as it helps to keep his head up and she says makes it "easy" for her to hold him. Tonight, while she was holding him, they both got the hiccups at the same time. It was hilarious and she got the biggest kick out of it. She couldn't stop laughing and neither could I. Also, there were at least three times that I counted when he gave the biggest grin when she leaned over to kiss him on th cheek. It was so sweet and I could already tell (and secretly hoped) that this was the start of a great relationship between them!
During the middle of the night, I did have to wake Shane up a few times, and felt guilty knowing he had to get up for work. I've ben trying to let him sleep as much as possible, but tonight I needed him to let Winston out, kill a spider, and turn on his side to hopefully stop snoring. So, I hoping it isn't a rough day for him at work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment