Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fore!!!!!

Well, today turned into a very interesting day of golf for Shane. I got a call from Shane half way through his golf game indicating that he may have Tim take him to the emergency room, cause he got hit in the mouth with a golf ball. So, instantly I was worried and as he was telling me what happened, he started talking himself out of going to the ER. However, I did convince him to let Tim bring him home, so he didn't pass out in the car on the way home. When he got home, I couldn't believe it, both his lips were swollen, which changed the entire look of his face. He definitely did not look like himself, but we got ice on it right away and the swelling started to go down. Apparently, what made the story even more crazy was that he hit himself. He was trying to get himself out a tight spot apparently, and managed to hit a big rock that sent the ball directly back to the center of his mouth. It was such a bizarre, fluke thing that is definitely once in a lifetime...he couldn't manage to do this again if he tried! So, needless to say, he was out of commision the rest of the day and just rested and kept ice on it, while we headed to a fish fry at my gma and gpa's for the Davis family! I have a few pictures of his mouth, but need permission first to post them! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment