Friday, May 7, 2010

Rise and Shine!

We were up fairly early this morning and just stayed up after our early morning feeding. We took it easy most of the morning, ate breakfast finally took a shower before taking Lucas to the doctor at 11:00. I, of course, had to ride in the back of the car with him on the way there and back, just to keep an eye on him. We met with Dr. Cross for the first meeting, cause Dr. Baety was not available today, which was just fine. Olivia has seen him before and loved him. So, it went great. He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces, which they said was normal and was still 20 inches long. He had to take all his clothes off when getting checked all over, so he was a little mad about that, but calmed down pretty quickly. They ran his bilirubin test again and he was right about the same as he was when he left the hospital, so that was a good thing. Dr. Cross said it usually peeks about this time, so we should start to see it go dwn and his color get back to "normal." He was able to answer a lot of the questions we had and provided good information on breast feeding, pacifiers, circumcision care, etc. He also checked Lucas all over and said he was "perfect." I'm not being biased either, he really said it. I have to agree (even though I'm sure he says that about all his patients)!

After the doctor appointment, we got home and immediately I started working around the house, picking up, doing a load of laundr, etc...which come to find out was probably overdoing it toomuch. I was up and down the stairs several times and because I felt so good, I wasn't taking it easy like I should have been, and was instrcuted to do.

Shane picked up Olivia and Parker from preschool and again it was right up to Lucas to give him hugs and kisses. She is so sweet with him and I cannot believe how much she adores him. She constantly says, "Aww, Mommy he is so cute." She is going to be a great big sister and is already jumping into her new role. Shell got Kaleigh and came over for a little bit to visit. They didn't stay too long, but it was great to have her stop in and help with Olivia all week long! But, we were glad to have her back!

Later that night, we had several visitors. Dina, Jean, Bob and sherry all came over and actually brought us dinner, which was so nice. As they arrived, so did my grandparents with dinner and dessert as well. We have such a great family support system!!

We visited for a little while, but they didn't stay too long so we could eat dinner and get some more rest. I won't have to cook for a while!! After dinner, we relaxed and I loved it cause I had both my babies fall asleep next to me. I didn't realize how much I missed Olivia, but it almost brought me to tears...that, of course, could be the hormones talking though!

A funny story about Olivia tonight is that she was playing candyland with Sherry while they were here and all of a sudden she burst into tears because Sherry passed her and was close to winning. So we had to ave that winning/losing conversation with her and that she wasn't always going to win. It was so strange but it seemed maybe she was just a little more emotional too with everything going on. Because it wasn't as if she hasn't lost playing with us before and especially with spending so much time with Kaleigh and Parker! Everyone likes to win, but we all have to lose sometime too.

More evening feedings but nothing out of the ordinary. Shane helped again and did great! The pictures from our first night at home are listed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment