Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of Preschool!

I can hardly believe it, but Olivia actually started at Noah's Ark today...her first day of preschool! She couldn't be more excited, and Mommy couldn't be more sad! I am definitely excited for her, cause Kathy and I have been saying she is ready for this...unfortunately, Mommy isn't ready just yet. She feels so grown up, and I know she is going to do just wonderful! I am the problem though...I am a hot mess right now and just want to get it over with! Of course I had to take the day off so I could be the one to take her, but I also wanted Kathy to be able to share in this big moment. She has been such a wonderful part of her life and like a second mother to her, so I didn't want her to miss out! Our baby is growing up!!!
Of course I had my camera, so was able to capture the moments leading up to the day, and just how excited she was. We have been building this up for so long, and so she really was excited to go and check things out. And, we definitly couldn't have done this without Kathy, cause she will be dropping her off and picking her up three times a week, which only adds to her already chaotic day. But, she basically told us that she would be doing this for her kids, and since Olivia was one of her own, she doesn't mind a bit!!! We certainly know how lucky we are!!!
We got there early, of course, so had some time to snap some pictures by the sign and while we were waiting. I couldn't hardly control myself and wanted to burst into tears, but I had to hold it together! She was so excited the entire time, and I didn't want to take that away from her. So, off we went into her classroom. She was able to find her name on the table, her assigned seat. And, she had her own little cubby hole for her coat and backpack. She was so proud, and so was Mommy!
The parents were able to stay for a little bit, and just look around and make sure everyone was doing okay. Then, the teacher gathered all the kids on the floor to work on some puzzles, and the parents were then able to leave. I had a hard time finally making our way out the door but I did it, and knew she would be great!!! She looked so big on the floor with her puzzles, but it was time! She was ready, so I needed to be too!
So many questions were running through my mind: Will she get along with the other kids, will she like her teacher, how much will she learn, will she understand everything, etc????? But after the first or second day, my mind was at ease. She was doing great, and the answers to most of the questions were yes! She did great, and will continue to be happy!! She absolutely was ready!!
The pictures of her first day are listed below!

No comments:

Post a Comment