Sunday, June 21, 2009

Our Last Day!

After a long and wonderful evening, we did sleep in a little this morning and didn't get up until around 8:00. Rather than go out for breakfast, we ordered room service, which was extremely nice. We met up with Shell and Tim and headed to the pool for just about an hour, still trying to take advantage of as much sun as we could get.

After soaking up some sun, we went back to the room to get ready. We went to lunch at the ESPN Zone, which the boys absolutely loved and Shell and I actually enjoyed it too! The food was awesome, just as it had been at every place here thus far, so we had a great time. We ended up taking the monorail back over to the Mandalay Bay to visit the shark aquarium. The first thing we said about this place was the kids would love it!! So, of course that prompted us to get them a few souveniers! Wouldn't have felt right without getting them something!

After the aquarium, we took the monorail to Caesar's Palace to meet up with Mom and Marc. We walked around sight seeing and taking it all in, and eventualy made our way to the moving statue show, which was pretty neat. Again, something I think the kids would have loved.

After a while, we went back to the Venetian for dinner. This time, we went to an Asian restaurant called Tao. I was a little hesitant as Tim suggested this place, and to be honest, I wasn't quite sure I would know what to order. But, I trusted and went in and it turned out to be really good. I was somewhat surprised that I ventured out as much as I did and tasted things I never thought I would try. But, we were in Vegas, so take advantage!!!

After dinner, we decided to go downtown to meet up with the rest of the gang. We wanted to experience Freemont Street and see the light show. The bad choice of the night ended up being the bus ride. First of all, we sat and waited for quite some time before it showed up, and then they packed us on the bus like sardines. I could not believe the amount of people they had crammed onto that thing. It was like we were on candid camera or smething, and it was a big joke. It was unbelievable, but we finally made it.

We met up with the rest of the group who had made it their for dinner, and walked around for a little while. Most of the boys ended up at the craps table, which I happened to enjoy watching. In fact, I started being the official dice roller and made the boys some money. So, that was fun. And we did see the awesome light show which featured Queen and Kiss. So, wouldn't have been my first choice of music, but it was Freemont Street and still worth it!! Shane ended up getting into a poker tournament, so I thought I had lost him for at least a few hours, but luckily for me (not him), he was out fairly early. But, while he played, I stayed with the girls and played some slots. No big winners while we were there, but we had fun nonetheless!!

Around midnight, we decided it was going to be an early flight in the morning, so we ought to get home. We took a taxi this time to the monorail, and then made it home!! We packed as much as we could and then crashed. What a wonderful trip! There was so much anticipation prior to getting here, and Vegas delivered!!! We are all ready to go back again!! The pictures from our last day are listed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment