Saturday, October 17, 2009

Move to Morton!!!!

Not sure they can legally drive like this, but she thought it was pretty neat to sit in the driver's seat of the Uhaul.

Daddy and Aunt Jenny

The kids were a big help, of course!

So was Uncle Don...playing a little motivational music to get everyone in the moving mood!

She asked to be packed up in the bin to be moved on the truck too!!

More helpers...playing on the ramp!! They weren't in the way at all!

Yeah, it has finally arrived...we are moving to Morton! We couldn't be any more excited, and I am just ready for it all to be done. Most people are giving me a hard time saying I planned it around the pregnancy so I didn't have to carry anything and I could just direct traffic all day, but I didn't....it just happened to work out that way, so of course, I will take advantage! It was so nice out and everyone came by to help out! I think we had done a good job of getting things packed up and read to go, so it was just pick up and head out! Shane had rented a Uhaul for the day, so we started loading it up bright and early!

Once we got to the new house, I basically stood at the doorway, telling people where everything goes! Once everything was in, Mom and Shell started unloading stuff in the kitchen to help out. I was so excited to get started and couldn't believe the day had arrived. It was a long day, and we were all exhausted that evening, but it was worth it.

Later that evening, I was in the kitchen trying to figure out what to do for dinner, and Olivia walks in and says, "Mommy, I wanna go home." It broke my heart cause she was so sweet, and I just had to explain that we are home now and this was our new home. She cried for a little bit, but I think it was the tired talking, cause she went right to sleep and was fine the next day!! But, it still broke my heart and I had to keeo reminding myself that we brought her home to the Eureka house, so that will always be home to her. But, she is going to love this new home too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment